Title: Student Active Military Duty
Number: AP 2.05
Adopted: August 2012
Reviewed: May 2018
Revised: August 2015
Nicolet College recognizes the contribution of the U.S. Armed Forces and those who are requested to work during a national or state emergency. The following procedure shave been adopted for students who are called into active service:
1. Upon being notified, students should contact the Nicolet College Registrar who will guide the student through the process. Students will be asked to provide a copy of their active duty orders. If the student is unable to provide a copy in person, a parent, spouse,or other individual may submit a copy on his or her behalf. This may be done either in person, via fax or email, or through the U.S.mail.
2. If the student is activated well into the semester, he or she is encouraged to work with instructors individually to decide what to do about the balance of the semester work.
3. If the semester cannot be completed, a formal withdrawal process must be initiated by the student or their representative. Students must officially withdraw to receive refunds of tuition and fees and may receive failing grades if they do not withdraw. Additionally, students who are receiving GI Bill Education Benefits and do not officially withdraw could find themselves in a situation where they may be required to reimburse the Veterans' Administration.
4. The College will provide a refund of tuition and fees to the extent possible to students called into active service. Tuition and fee refunds will first be directed to repay Federal financial aid. The student will then receive a refund check in the mail.
5. The College will provide priority readmission to students who are ordered or inducted into active service. Admission back in to the student's program will take place upon the student's request at the next semester opportunity. It may be possible that a student will wait a semester due to program/course sequencing.