A Place to Connect
Nicolet College is a place to feel connected. We celebrate cultural diversity in our rural community by providing an inclusive community for you to explore your own and other cultures, and to participate in activities geared toward college success. Many resources are available for students, faculty, and the community to gain knowledge and support. By learning about and celebrating diverse cultures, we can increase self-empowerment and make connections to success at Nicolet and in the world beyond.
“I am thankful for the individual and academic support I have received since coming to Nicolet. It has really made a difference in my experiences and my success here.”
Experience Value, Respect, and Support at Nicolet
Through collaboration, mentoring, and supportive services the College strives to help you along your educational pathway as a student coming from a unique cultural background. Our goal is to support and empower individuals and communities in their personal or nation building initiatives.
College Success Services
Receive direct service to other offices for support such as:
- Connections to other student services such as disability and veterans’ services
- Working with instructors, advisors and staff
- Monitors your needs and success at Nicolet
- Working with Tribal Education Directors and tribal funding resources
Find culturally-specific financial assistance information including:
- Culturally-specific scholarships and financial aid
- Culturally-specific funding resources
- Individualized referrals to funding sources
Nicolet provides additional resources including:
- A Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- Speakers on various multicultural and diversity subjects
- Culturally-specific newspapers periodicals from around the state and the Nations
- Advisory of the All Nations Student Association
- Links to outside community organizations and individuals
Join the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
The Nicolet College Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is a cross-functional group of people who work to embrace and promote our differences in order to cultivate an atmosphere of social equity and civility.
Nicolet College Named a 2023 Most Promising Place to Work
The National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education (Diverse) selected Nicolet College as one of the 2023 Most Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges (MPPWCC) award winners. Focusing on workplace diversity, staffing practices, and work environment, the research team uses a web-based survey approach to examine categories such as family friendliness, salary/benefits, and professional development opportunities to determine the list.