A Place to Connect
Nicolet College is a place to feel connected. We celebrate cultural diversity in our rural community by providing an inclusive community for you to explore your own and other cultures, and to participate in activities geared toward college success. Many resources are available for students, faculty, and the community to gain knowledge and support. By learning about and celebrating diverse cultures, we can increase self-empowerment and make connections to success at Nicolet and in the world beyond.
“I am thankful for the individual and academic support I have received since coming to Nicolet. It has really made a difference in my experiences and my success here.”
Experience Value, Respect, and Support at Nicolet
Through collaboration, mentoring, and supportive services the College strives to help you along your educational pathway as a student coming from a unique cultural background. Our goal is to support and empower individuals and communities in their personal or nation building initiatives.
College Success Services
Receive direct service to other offices for support such as:
- Connections to other student services such as disability and veterans’ services
- Working with instructors, advisors and staff
- Monitors your needs and success at Nicolet
- Working with Tribal Education Directors and tribal funding resources
Find culturally-specific financial assistance information including:
- Culturally-specific scholarships and financial aid
- Culturally-specific funding resources
- Individualized referrals to funding sources
Nicolet provides additional resources including:
- A Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- Speakers on various multicultural and diversity subjects
- Culturally-specific newspapers periodicals from around the state and the Nations
- Advisory of the All Nations Student Association
- Links to outside community organizations and individuals
Join the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
The Nicolet College Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is a cross-functional group of people who work to embrace and promote our differences in order to cultivate an atmosphere of social equity and civility.
Nicolet College Named a 2021 Most Promising Place to Work
We are pleased to announce that the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education (Diverse) have selected Nicolet as one of fifteen 2021 Most Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges (PPWCC).
The annual award recognizes community and technical college commitments to diversity through best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities. The national study employs a web-based survey approach to obtain information from NISOD member institutions. A multipart, weighted algorithm is used to classify the responding institutions.
Connect With Our Tribal Outreach Coordinator
Susie is here to connect you with other students and resources to enhance your college experience. Stop by her office for a chat.