Become A Law Enforcement Recruit
Nicolet College currently offers the 720 hour Law Enforcement Academy to those seeking a law enforcement career in the State of Wisconsin. Successful students will receive up to 32 associate's degree college credits. Nicolet College’s Law Enforcement 720 Academy delivers the criteria established by the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Training, and Standards Bureau. The training instructors are a combination of educators and active or retired law enforcement officers. The training is delivered via lecture, group discussion, hands-on exercises, and scenario participation.
Steps To Become A Recuit
- Schedule a meeting with Tim Gerdmann, Academy Director at 715.365.4535 or email@example.com.
- Complete the application for admission
- Submit official high school and post-secondary transcripts. To be official, transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to Nicolet College Admissions.
- Complete all required recruit academy forms for the DOJ
See specific dates and information about the application process below.
Watch for information about the upcoming application process.
- Acadis Student Application and Criminal History Check
- Student Authorization for Release of Information (DJ-LE-310)
- Medical Assessment (DJ-LE-332)
- Transcript Requirements
- Birth Certificate (DJ-LE-322)
- Firearms Release of Information
- Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
- Emergency Contact Information
- Acknowledgment of Rules and Grading
- Academy Background Questionnaire
- Technical College Application for Law Enforcement
If you have any questions regarding the Academy and the application process, contact Timothy Gerdmann, Academy Director, at 715.365.4535 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more detailed information, view the 720 LE Academy Learning Objectives document, created by the Wisconsin Department of Justice and the 720 Hour Academy Handbook from Nicolet College.
- OR -
Mail completed application to:
Nicolet College - Admissions | PO Box 518 | Rhinelander, WI 54501
Stop by or call the Welcome Center:
715.365.4493 or 800.544.3039, ext. 4493
Red Oak Center - 2nd Floor
DOWNLOAD THE PAPER APPLICATION
If you are unable to access PDF documents on this page, please contact the Vice President of Administration at email@example.com or 715-365-4550.