Family Child Care Certificate
If you plan to provide childcare in a home or family setting, this certificate program will help you examine child development, quality standards, community resources, health and wellness, and family partnerships. You’ll also learn how to promote desired outcomes through play-based learning, observation and assessment. Choose additional courses to gain skills for curriculum planning, strategies for guiding behavior or care for children at various developmental stages. Upon completion, you'll be prepared for the Family Child Care Credential from The Registry, Wisconsin's Recognition System for the Childhood Care and Education Profession.
At A Glance
How You'll Learn
Term Start Dates
|Spring 2022: January 5||Summer 2022: May 2||Fall 2022: September 6|
Start dates represent the beginning of a new term. Certain programs or courses may not be available to start every term. Please view the course schedules for a list of upcoming classes or contact the Welcome Center at 715-365-4493.
*Based on 10-level courses—materials, books, and fees may be additional
What You'll Learn
- Identify Wisconsin Child Care regulations including certification and licensing rules as well as quality improvement initiatives related to operating a high quality family child care program.
- Apply developmental knowledge and observation to design, implement, and evaluate individual and group curriculum experiences for mixed-age children in a family child care setting.
- Create respectful, healthy, and safe physical and interpersonal environments for mixed-age children in a family child care setting.
- Utilize culturally responsive verbal and non-verbal caregiver strategies
- Select appropriate materials and promote health, safety and nutrition guidelines specific to early care environments.
- Design experiences and utilize caregiver strategies that support family involvement and reciprocal relationships.
- Perform professionally and ethically, use self-reflection and knowledge and access relevant resources.
Your Potential Careers
- Family Child Care Provider
Median Annual Salary
Your application can be submitted online, it takes just a few minutes to complete.