Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
At Nicolet, we celebrate cultural diversity in our rural community by providing an inclusive community for students and employees to explore their own and other cultures, and to participate in activities geared toward making connections at Nicolet and in the world beyond. The Nicolet College Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is a cross-functional group of people who work to embrace and promote our differences in order to cultivate an atmosphere of social equity and civility.
College Core Abilities
Nicolet College has identified a set of core abilities central to the future success of our students. Core abilities are incorporated into educational programs to enhance student development. Similarly, our employees are expected to develop and demonstrate these abilities and behaviors in their daily work and their interactions with others. Core Ability #2 is “Build Community,” where success in building communities requires teamwork, social awareness, and civic engagement which enhance the full range of human relationships at the local, national, and global levels.
- We believe in the worth and dignity of the individual, and we therefore commit to treating each person with kindness and respect.
- We believe in creating and maintaining a learning environment that values academic excellence, institutional integrity, justice, equity, civility, and diversity.
- We honor individual freedom of inquiry and individual and group contributions to governance.
DEI Committee Goals
- Facilitate the development of the Five Year Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan & assist in compiling Annual Affirmative Action reports.
- Regularly review the College’s equity data, identify gaps and recommend value-added activities to promote the mission.
- Provide opportunities related to DEI to create a more inclusive sense of belonging across campus and in our community.
Talent Acquisition & Development Manager
Red Oak Center – 209A
Success Coach and Advisor
Red Oak Center - 232
2020 – 2021 Committee Members
Mandy Christensen, Student Rep
Christin Van Kauwenberg
Meetings for 2020-21 will be on the following Thursdays from 12:30 – 1:30 pm:
- September 16, 2021
- December 16, 2021
- March 17, 2022
- June 16, 2022
Committee Members Roles & Responsibilities:
- Commit to a one-year term of participation and may renew each year as interested
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Discuss priorities and activate activities as outlined in Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action plans
- Communicate activities to the broader college community
- Record progress on activities/initiatives and report to WTCS through Employee Relations
Committee Member Commitment:
- Attend quarterly meetings as scheduled
- Participate in committee activities for one year with the option to renew each year as interested
- Contribute to committee discussion at quarterly meetings
- Coordinate activities and events as appropriate