Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
Nicolet College is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working culture.
The Nicolet College Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee strives to create a sense of belonging and values each person’s unique contributions and experiences. We provide educational resources and opportunities for the Nicolet College community to increase awareness, understanding, and respect in order to cultivate a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community.
College Core Abilities
Nicolet College has identified a set of core abilities central to the future success of our students. Core abilities are incorporated into educational programs to enhance student development. Similarly, our employees are expected to develop and demonstrate these abilities and behaviors in their daily work and their interactions with others. Core Ability #2 is “Build Community,” where success in building communities requires teamwork, social awareness, and civic engagement which enhance the full range of human relationships at the local, national, and global levels.
- We believe in the worth and dignity of the individual, and we therefore commit to treating each person with kindness and respect.
- We believe in creating and maintaining a learning environment that values academic excellence, institutional integrity, justice, equity, civility, and diversity.
- We honor individual freedom of inquiry and individual and group contributions to governance.
DEI Committee Goals
- Facilitate the development of the Five Year Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan & assist in compiling Annual Affirmative Action reports.
- Regularly review the College’s equity data, identify gaps and recommend value-added activities to promote the mission.
- Provide opportunities related to DEI to create a more inclusive sense of belonging across campus and in our community.
Financial Aid Manager
Red Oak Center – 224
Manager of Open & Inclusive Academics
Tamarack Center – 201
2022 – 2023 Committee Members
Christin Van Kauwenberg
Meetings are in-person in Fireside RC-102 and via MS Teams.
- July 21, 2022
- Aug 25, 2022
- Sept 15, 2022
- Oct 20, 2022
- Nov 17, 2022
- Dec 15, 2022
- Jan 19, 2023
- Feb 16, 2023
- Mar 16, 2023
- April 20, 2023
- May 18, 2023
- June 15, 2023
Committee Members Roles & Responsibilities:
- Commit to a one-year term of participation and may renew each year as interested
- Attend monthly meetings
- Discuss priorities and activate activities as outlined in Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action plans
- Communicate activities to the broader college community
- Record progress on activities/initiatives and report to WTCS through Employee Relations
Committee Member Commitment:
- Attend monthly meetings as scheduled
- Participate in committee activities for one year with the option to renew each year as interested
- Contribute to committee discussion at monthly meetings
- Coordinate activities and events as appropriate