Welcome International Students
We are happy you are considering our campus as your choice for international study. Here at Nicolet College, we offer an excellent educational experience combined with a supportive campus community.
By enrolling in one of our diverse programs and completing courses, you can earn a Certificate, Associate’s degree or transfer credits to continue your education at a university. Nicolet College offers an experienced and knowledgeable staff passionate about helping students reach their educational and career goals. Their unparalleled experience along with their multi-faceted approach to teaching helps students exceed their potential.
Take the opportunity to connect with the world and join the Nicolet community.
Complete the International Student Admissions Application and submit with the $30 application fee to Nicolet College Admissions by mail. F-1 students that are applying from another US institution will need to also complete the SEVIS Transfer form.
Proof of High School/Secondary School Completion:
- Transcripts should be translated using a credential evaluation services recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. For a list of members, visit https://www.naces.org/members.
- Note: Applicants are responsible for costs associated with translation services of credentials.
Proof of English Proficiency:
- English ability can be demonstrated on the Accuplacer ESL or a TOEFL score of 477(paper based), 153 (computer based), or 53 (internet based).
Evidence of Financial support:
- According to Federal requirements, all prospective F-1 students must submit financial documentation certifying access to funding for their first year of study. The Evidence of Financial Support form must be submitted to Nicolet College Admissions by mail or fax.
Photocopy of Passport:
- Submit a copy of your biography page and identity page with photograph from your passport.
- Complete a placement exam to help your advisor recommend the best courses for your program of study. Placement exams are dependent on academic program.
- Students that are interested in transferring in previous post-secondary credits must send a transcript evaluation report from a NACES member. Fees apply. For a full listing of NACES members, visit http://www.naces.org/members.html.
Upon completion and receipt of the above, students will be notified of acceptance to Nicolet College and the Designated School Official (DSO) will enter the student into the SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) in order to issue an I-20 form for application for an F-1 Student VISA. All international students not currently in the US or previously entered into SEVIS, are required by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to pay a user fee. This fee can be paid directly to the DHS with form I-901 by mail with a check from US bank or online with credit card.
Students may be required to remit a fee prior to applying for F-1 VISA at their local US Consulate or Embassy and provide a receipt of payment at a scheduled appointment with their local US Consulate or Embassy, that may include an interview, and documentation of payment and the I-20 form.
Please see Evidence of Financial Support Form for expenses. Students with an F-1 Visa are not allowed to earn the money for tuition, fees or books in the US for the first year of study.
Once issued an F-1 Visa, students must be enrolled as a full-time student, at least 12 credits to maintain their student status. Students that are interested in transferring in previous post-secondary credits must send a transcript evaluation report from a NACES member. Fees apply. For a full listing of NACES members, visit http://www.naces.org/members.html.
Submit all documents to Nicolet College International Admissions:
PO Box 518, Rhinelander, WI 54501
Fax: (Country Code 1) 715.365.4901
(Country Code 1) 715.365.4493 or (Country Code 1) 800.544.3039 ext. 4493
Study in the States: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students
- Learn the process and rules for studying in the United States as an international student.
Helpful Links about International Student Process:
Paying I-901 SEVIS Fee: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/paying-the-i-901-sevis-fee
- Applying for a VISA: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/applying-for-a-visa-to-travel-to-the-united-states
- Maintaining Status: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/maintaining-status
- Full Course of Study: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/full-course-of-study
- Transferring to Another School: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/transferring-to-another-school
Student Exchange and Visitor Program: How to Navigate US Immigration System: https://www.ice.gov/sevis/students
Nicolet College is committed to creating a web experience that is accessible for all users based on the standards set forth by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). If you have any issues using this website or accessing documents and information, please contact the Manager of Risk, Compliance and Safety at email@example.com or 715-365-4637.