Enroll In A Program

There’s no one way to go from college to career. Nicolet offers academic programs ranging from short-term certificates and diplomas to associate degree's and University Transfer. Chances are, there's a program that's just right for you. Get started today. It's quick, easy, and FREE!

1. Complete an Application for Admissions

  • Complete the online application. - It's FREE to apply.
  • Check your applicant portal to receive updates about your application. An email with instructions will be sent after completion of the application.

2. Submit Official High School Transcripts or GED/HSED

  • To be official transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to Nicolet College Admissions. Visit your high school’s website for more information to request your high school transcripts. To request your GED/HSED, go to ged.com.

  • Students still enrolled in high school will need to submit a final transcript upon high school graduation.
  • Students that do not have a high school diploma or GED/HSED are encouraged to consider earning their GED/HSED. You can also meet this requirement by successfully completing the GED Ready Assessments. Assessments consist of Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies. Successful completion is 145 or higher on each assessment. The GED Ready must be taken at Nicolet College’s assessment center and fees may apply. Please note:
    • Students who do not submit official high school transcripts or GED/HSED are not eligible to receive federal and state financial aid
    • Students still need to meet the minimum age for enrollment policy
    • The GED Ready and the successful completion of its assessments are not equivalent to a high school credential. It will not meet admissions criteria at other institutions
  • Applicants who have completed an associate’s degree or more than 60 credits towards a bachelor’s degree may not have to provide a high school transcript, provided they submit official college transcripts demonstrating completion.

3. Complete or Submit Placement Assessment

  • Learn more about admissions assessments.
  • Your applicant portal will provide more information about which assessments, if any, are required. Typically, required assessments are:
    • University Transfer Liberal Arts: Tailwinds Assessment
    • Apprenticeship: Accuplacer
  • Students with previous college experience that are transferring to Nicolet should provide official post-secondary transcripts which may waive placement assessments. To be official, transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to Nicolet College Admissions.

Upon completion of the admissions process, you will receive an admitted student packet with next steps which include meeting with your academic advisor to register for classes.

Apply Online

It's quick, easy, and FREE!

- OR -

Mail completed application to:
Nicolet College - Admissions  |  PO Box 518  |  Rhinelander, WI 54501

Stop by or call the Welcome Center:
715.365.4493 or 800.544.3039, ext. 4493
Red Oak Center  - 2nd Floor


If you are unable to access PDF documents on this page, please contact the Vice President of Administration at kaschenbrenner@nicoletcollege.edu or 715-365-4550.

Academic Programs

Start a Bachelor’s Degree at Nicolet

Did you know that a Nicolet degree can help you transfer to hundreds of universities? With an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree you could earn guaranteed transfer and admission at 8 universities, including UW Madison, UW Stevens Point, and UW Stout. If you have questions about how your Nicolet degree will transfer, contact our Welcome Center to talk to an academic advisor.