Autism Spectrum Disorder
This three course certificate is designed for child care providers, paraprofessionals, classroom teachers, family members, and caregivers. These courses promote understanding of the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and provide practical strategies for supporting individuals on the Spectrum. Additionally, courses raise awareness on how to navigate the community services and supports to promote educational and social success for those with ASD across the lifespan.
At A Glance
How You'll Learn
Optional Lab Support
Term Start Dates
|Spring 2022: January 5||Summer 2022: May 2||Fall 2022: September 6|
Start dates represent the beginning of a new term. Certain programs or courses may not be available to start every term. Please view the course schedules for a list of upcoming classes or contact the Welcome Center at 715-365-4493.
*Based on 10-level courses—materials, books, and fees may be additional
What You'll Learn
- Describe the common signs and symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder and demonstrate awareness of the diagnostic criteria.
- Utilize practical strategies, techniques, and tools for working with individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Demonstrate ability to navigate the agencies, systems, and supports to assist individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder in daily life.
Your Potential Careers
- K-12 Paraprofessionals,Teachers, and Special Education Teachers in school districts
- Head Start and Early Head Start Teachers, Teacher Assistants, and Home Visitors
- Infant, Toddler, Preschool, and School-Age Teachers and Teacher Assistants in Child Care Settings
- Directors and Administrators in Child Care Settings
- Personal Care Workers in group homes
- Early Intervention Professionals (Birth to Three, Children's Hospital, etc)
- Behavior Technicians for Autism ABA therapy
- Parents, Families, and Caregivers
- Child Life Specialists in hospital/clinics
- Support Staff in Child Care Settings (Bus Drivers, Cooks, etc)
Median Annual Salary
Your application can be submitted online, it takes just a few minutes to complete.