Nicolet College Foundation Scholarships
There is money available to help you pay for college – you just have to apply. Hundreds of scholarships are made possible because of the generosity of the many friends and supporters of the Nicolet College Foundation. Foundation scholarships help lower the cost of a college education, allowing students to focus more on education.
- Scholarship applications are accepted in February for the following academic year and in September for the following spring term.
- Current and future students are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarships may be applied to tuition and books.
- Part-time students (3-8 credits) qualify for a $200 scholarship in the spring and a $400 scholarship in the full academic year.
- Full-time students (9 or more credits) qualify for scholarships that range from $200-$3,000.
- The minimum cumulative GPA or other qualifying test score equivalent is 2.5.
- All you have to do is complete one general application to apply for most foundation scholarships. After you submit your general application, you will see a list of additional scholarships, for which you may also apply by answering additional questions.
My time at Nicolet has helped me realize how I can reach my goals and how I can work harder to reach new goals. My scholarship helped me take the steps in the right direction.
State of Wisconsin Programs
Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES)
Academic Excellence Scholarships are awarded to Wisconsin high school seniors who have the highest grade point average in each public and private high school throughout the State of Wisconsin. The number of scholarships each high school is eligible for is based on total student enrollment. In order to receive a scholarship, a student must be enrolled on a full-time basis by September 30th of the academic year following the academic year in which he or she was designated as a scholar, at a participating University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Technical College, or independent institution in the State. The value of the scholarship is $2,250 per year, to be applied towards tuition. Half of the scholarship is funded by the State, while the other half is matched by the institution. Eligibility must not exceed eight semesters.
Technical Excellence Scholarship (TES)
Technical Excellence Scholarships are awarded by the State of Wisconsin to Wisconsin high school seniors who have the highest demonstrated level of proficiency in technical education subjects. The scholarships are only for use at a school within the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). The value of the scholarship is up to $2,250 per year to be applied toward tuition. Students wishing to be considered for TES need to meet eligibility criteria set by the Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB) and will need to be nominated by their school.