How to Apply for a Nicolet College Foundation Scholarship
Nicolet College Foundation Scholarships
There is money available to help you pay for college – you just have to apply. Hundreds of scholarships are made possible because of the generosity of the many friends and supporters of the Nicolet College Foundation. Foundation scholarships help lower the cost of a college education, allowing students to focus more on education.
- Scholarship applications are accepted in February for the following academic year and in September for the following spring term.
- Current and future students are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarships may be applied to tuition and books.
- Scholarships generally range from $250-$2,500.
- The minimum cumulative GPA or other qualifying test score equivalent is 2.5.
- All you have to do is complete one general application to apply for most foundation scholarships. After you submit your general application, you may see a list of additional scholarships, for which you may also apply by answering additional questions.
Scholarship Application Tips
- Answer each question. Just like a test in class, you will lose points for each blank answer.
- There are only a few questions that require a detailed response. Please don’t write extremely short answers of only a couple of sentences. Use this an opportunity to share your personal story and show the reviewers why you are a good investment. Scholarships are funded by local individuals and organizations that want to invest in your success and the future of our community.
- Double check grammar and spelling. Type your essays in a Word document first. Have someone else read your application. Take advantage of getting help from Academic Success.
- You will need a professional reference. Double check the spelling of their email address to ensure they receive the recommendation form. You will not be able to read their recommendation form, but you can monitor its status. Click on “References” and click on “Active.” This will show the status of your reference’s recommendation. Possible references include a past or current instructor, supervisor, coach, or other person who knows you well. Do not use a friend or family member. It is best to ask the person to be your reference prior to submitting their name. Only submit one reference, unless you wish to change your reference.
- Don’t wait until the last day to apply. Students often encounter technical or personal issues that prevent them from submitting the application on time.
Who can apply?
Any current or future Nicolet College student who is enrolled or will be enrolled in at least three credits per term. You must apply to Nicolet College before completing a scholarship application in order to receive College credentials to log into the scholarship application. For this reason, please do not wait until the last day to apply.
Can I receive more than one scholarship?
Yes, it is not uncommon for students to receive more than one scholarship.
Do I need to notify Financial Aid about my award?
No, the Foundation will notify the Financial Aid office about all Foundation awards. Students in shared programs, who receive financial aid from another school, should notify their Financial Aid office about any Nicolet College Foundation scholarships.
What’s involved in applying for scholarships?
- You must apply to Nicolet College before completing a scholarship application in order to receive College credentials to log into the scholarship application. For this reason, please do not wait until the last day to apply.
- If you are a new student or a current student who has not yet completed three credits at Nicolet College, you will need to upload your transcript from high school or another college.
- Provide detailed answers to questions about your background, interests, why you chose to attend Nicolet College and enroll in your academic program, career goals, and how a scholarship will help you.
- Provide one reference.
- Provide your past/current volunteer and work experience.
When will I receive my scholarship?
Scholarships will be applied directly to student accounts approximately three weeks after the start of classes for students who have successfully completed the post-acceptance process.
Do I have to complete a FAFSA?
No, the Foundation offers some scholarships that do not require students to demonstrate financial need, but you are encouraged to complete the FAFSA.
What is the deadline to apply?
Scholarships applications are accepted twice a year, typically in February and September. The dates may vary slightly.
Can I choose which scholarships to apply for?
By completing the general application, you will automatically be matched with a majority of our scholarship opportunities. When you submit your general application, there may be more scholarships that require additional information in order to be considered a qualified applicant. You will find these by clicking on “Opportunities” and then clicking on “Ours.” Click on the “Apply” button to the right of each scholarship in order to apply for those additional scholarships.
How do I get notified if I received a scholarship?
The Foundation will send an email to Nicolet College email accounts.
How can I get help with my scholarship application?
My time at Nicolet has helped me realize how I can reach my goals and how I can work harder to reach new goals. My scholarship helped me take the steps in the right direction.
State of Wisconsin Programs
Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES)
Academic Excellence Scholarships are awarded to Wisconsin high school seniors who have the highest grade point average in each public and private high school throughout the State of Wisconsin. The number of scholarships each high school is eligible for is based on total student enrollment. In order to receive a scholarship, a student must be enrolled on a full-time basis by September 30th of the academic year following the academic year in which he or she was designated as a scholar, at a participating University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Technical College, or independent institution in the State. The value of the scholarship is $2,250 per year, to be applied towards tuition. Half of the scholarship is funded by the State, while the other half is matched by the institution. Eligibility must not exceed eight semesters.
Technical Excellence Scholarship (TES)
Technical Excellence Scholarships are awarded by the State of Wisconsin to Wisconsin high school seniors who have the highest demonstrated level of proficiency in technical education subjects. The scholarships are only for use at a school within the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). The value of the scholarship is up to $2,250 per year to be applied toward tuition. Students wishing to be considered for TES need to meet eligibility criteria set by the Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB) and will need to be nominated by their school.