Student Movie Night
Join us for a movie night! Cast your vote below for the movie you'd like to see featured in our theater. Board games and snacks available starting at 4:00 pm in the Lakeside Center Commons and will be available through the end of the movie. The movie will start at 5:30 pm.
Give Us Your Input About Our Campus!
Students! We value your perspective! As part of our ongoing efforts to enhance campus facilities, we invite you to share your insights and ideas in our Master Facilities Study.
Discuss your favorite spots on campus.
- Share thoughts on your campus experiences.
- Provide feedback on signage and wayfinding.
And the best part? Pizza will be provided!
Your voice matters, and we can’t wait to hear from you. If you cannot attend, please complete this brief survey.
Thank you for helping us shape the future of our campus together!
Blockchain Speaker and Lunch Event
You may have heard the terms Bitcoin or Blockchain before, but what do they actually mean and how could this technology potentially impact your life?
Please join us Wednesday, March 6th either virtually or in-person at the Nicolet College campus in room TC210 to listen to Blockchain industry Veteran Devin Marty as he helps us demystify this incredible technology. He will be discussing Blockchain Technology as well as his life in the industry and potential trends for the future.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you will be joining us in-person, as the event will be catered and we will need a headcount for food service and space availability. Alternatively, please feel free to join us via online conferencing. A link will be sent out at a later date prior to the event.
Do you have an idea for a new business or product? We want to hear it! Apply now and compete in the Nicolet College Pitch Event. Presenters have four minutes to pitch their idea and two minutes for Q&A. The top-prize winner will receive $500! Second place wins $300 and third place $200.
Our top two (2) prize winners will advance to compete against contestants from six other two-year campuses at the NEW Ideas Pitch Challenge on April 25th. Prize money for first place at the regional event is $1,000.
Download and complete the PITCH COMPETITION Registration Form by 5pm Wednesday, March 27th.
Email the completed form to Curt Drumm at email@example.com.
Hosted by the Nicolet College Business Division and sponsored by the Nicolet College Foundation.
Special thanks to NACCE, the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship. NACCE works to engage members through entrepreneurial thinking and innovative action, and is one of the lead sponsors of this Pitch Contest.
We would also like to thank Kwik Trip and their over-800 stores in the Midwest for supporting this event.
See below for more information about our supporting sponsors.
Event Details & Parameters
- This is a 2-part pitch competition. The first round will be held locally at the Nicolet College campus in Rhinelander, WI.
- The top two finishers will be able to advance to the Regional competition.
- Contestants must be enrolled as a student at Nicolet College in any area of study in the current academic year (degree, technical diploma or certificate program, individual coursework, or other for-credit education) and have a valid student ID number.
- Individual or Team presentations are permitted.
- This is a “Business idea” style pitch event, encouraging students from all areas of Nicolet College with a business idea to compete.
- The business idea being pitched cannot have raised more than $20,000 in funding or have earned more than $20,000 in revenue.
- There is no requirement for the potential scalability of business ideas.
- Lifestyle, products (manufactured or sold) or service businesses are acceptable.
- You must be available to PITCH the idea to judges in-person at Nicolet College at 5pm April 10, 2024.
- Top two (2) local Nicolet prize winners are able to advance to the Regional competition on April 25th.
- Complete the PITCH COMPETITION Registration Form by 5pm Wednesday, March 27th. and submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nicolet participants will be notified with details.
- Nicolet College will provide mentors and advisors to help contestants with their presentations.
- Individuals/teams will prepare a four (4) minute action-oriented pitch about a business idea.
- The Pitch should be designed to sell the idea to an investor and/or lender.
- A maximum of five (5) PowerPoint slides, or other visual aids, are encouraged.
- Formal presentation materials or a complete business plan are not required.
- A panel of three judges may ask up to three questions each.
- Responses to the questions must be limited to two minutes.
- The order of the pitches will be randomly selected prior to the competition.
- Personalized coaching from Nicolet staff and faculty, and other advisors, will be available.
- The focus of the event is education, not publicity, but press releases, names and photographs may be used to cover this event, at both the local and regional level.
- The Pitch Contest is not open to the public.
Local Pitch Competition at Nicolet College on April 10th
- Nicolet College will host our local competition on Wednesday, April 10th at 5:00pm (on campus.)
- A panel of three (3) judges shall select the top three (3) overall best pitches.
- Cash prizes are awarded to first place ($500), second place ($300), and third place ($200).
- The top two (2) Nicolet winners will advance to compete at the regional NEW Idea Pitch Challenge.
NEW Ideas Regional Pitch Challenge with seven Regional 2-year WTCS Colleges on April 25th
- NEW Ideas Pitch Challenge will be held at Lakeshore Technical College in Cleveland, WI on April 25th from 4-7pm. Cleveland is located in eastern Wisconsin, between Manitowoc and Sheboygan.
- You may travel on your own schedule, and Nicolet College will provide a transportation, hotel and meal allowance, if needed.
- There will be two contestants from each of seven WTCS colleges, for a total of 14 contestants.
- A panel of three (3) judges shall select the four (4) overall best pitches.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Cash prizes are awarded to first place ($1000), second place ($500), third place ($250), and fourth prize ($100). Contestants placing 5th – 14th will receive a $50 Kwik Trip Gift Card as a Participation Award.
- There are no restrictions on prize money awarded to students for either event. Students may use the money however they wish. The contest will distribute W-9 or other tax documentation required by the IRS.
- This event is hosted by the Nicolet College Business Division and sponsored by the Nicolet College Foundation.
- The Nicolet College Foundation provides students with the academic and financial resources they need to make the most of their education, producing better-prepared and motivated graduates for the local workforce, and inspiring the gift-giving tradition.
- Special thanks to NACCE, the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship. NACCE is the nation’s leading co-creator and distributor of resources to transform underserved communities through community college engagement. NACCE represents 370+ community and technical colleges and more than 3,000 faculty, staff, administrators and presidents who serve over four million students. NACCE works to engage members through entrepreneurial thinking and innovative action, and is one of the lead sponsors of this event.
- We would also like to thank Kwik Trip and their over 800 stores in the Midwest for supporting this event.
- Regional competition prize money is sponsored by participating colleges.
- For further information, contact Curt Drumm, Business and Entrepreneurship Instructor at Nicolet College at email@example.com.
Spring 2024 Commencement Ceremony
When: April 20, 2024 @ 10am
Where: Rhinelander Dome, 863 Hodag Dome Drive, Rhinelander, WI
If you are interested in participating in commencement please complete your petition by March 1st, 2024. The Graduation Petition can be found in your MyNicolet account under form or click here to submit the form. More information on cap and gown pick up, and tickets will be coming out soon.