If you're interested in on- or off-premise catering operations, the fundamentals of kitchen operations are stressed in the three core courses (Culinary Career Essentials). Specific skills and knowledge for business start-up, operation, menu planning, elegant food preparation, and promotion are the focus of the remaining two courses.
At A Glance
How You'll Learn
Term Start Dates
|Spring 2022: January 5||Summer 2022: May 2||Fall 2022: September 6|
Start dates represent the beginning of a new term. Certain programs or courses may not be available to start every term. Please view the course schedules for a list of upcoming classes or contact the Welcome Center at 715-365-4493.
*Based on 10-level courses—materials, books, and fees may be additional
What You'll Learn
- Apply safety and sanitation codes to conditions and operations in food service kitchens.
- Prepare recipes and formulas to industry standards.
- Apply basic food theory to solve problems in food preparation.
- Produce creative menus for buffet, a` la carte, and catered events.
- Integrate purchasing principles and food cost controls into menus.
- Demonstrate attributes of a culinary professional.
Your Potential Careers
Median Annual Salary
Your application can be submitted online, it takes just a few minutes to complete.