Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
Expands the role and skills of the Emergency Medical Technician. Further knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology are the focus in addition to skills of initiating intravenous access, additional medication administration and IV fluid therapies. Graduates are eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician Advanced level cognitive and psychomotor exams for certification to be eligible for licensure in the state of Wisconsin.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
Expands the role and skills of the EMT. Skills involved in obtaining intravenous access, intraosseous access, medication administration, and fluid therapy will be included. Prerequisite: 3053130100 EMR and EMT Part 1 (C or better).
At A Glance
How You'll Learn
Term Start Dates
Contact Public Safety at 715.365.4600 for more information or Tyler Ruppert, Success Coach, at 715-365-4628
Books & Supplies*
*Total cost for degree completion is estimated by current course requirements, books, and supplies. Tuition and fees are set by the Wisconsin Technical College System and subject to change.
What You'll Learn
- Prepare for incident response and EMS operations
- Integrate pathophysiological principles and assessment findings to provide appropriate patient care
- Demonstrate AEMT skills associated with established standards and procedures for a variety of patient encounters
- Communicate effectively with others
- Demonstrate professional behavior
- Meet state competencies for AEMT certification
Your Potential Careers
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT)
Median Annual Salary
- Current Wisconsin licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers recognition
- Attend required program orientation
- Contact the Public Safety Department at 715.365.4600 for registration information
Your application can be submitted online, it takes just a few minutes to complete.