Nicolet College is a leader in promoting the safety and health of its employees, students, and the general public (including contractors and vendors). Inherent in this policy is:
- A belief that employees have the right to work and students have the right to learn, in an environment free of the hazards of tobacco products.
- A desire to eliminate exposure to second-hand smoke at building entrances/exits and to assure clean air on college property.
- Awareness of the presence of underage students.
- An interest in eliminating tobacco products littering the campus.
- Acceptance of the responsibility for a commitment to fire safety and health and wellness.
Use of tobacco and smoking and vaping (e-cigarettes) is prohibited on the Nicolet College main campus and outreach centers. This includes the following:
- All structures, buildings and grounds, sidewalks, roads, pathways, and parking lots.
- All Nicolet Area Technical College owned and leased vehicles.
Smoking is permitted in enclosed personal vehicles. In consideration of your fellow Nicolet community members and to protect their health and comfort (State Statute 101.123Wisconsin Act 12), smoke, tobacco materials, and waste items must be kept inside the vehicle.
For additional information, please see Administrative Policy 3.03 Tabacco Free Campus