Native American Tribal Management
About the Native American Tribal Management Program
Develops the skills of people who work or plan to work in a First Nation environment including fundamental management skills, and how a Native nation’s legal, political and cultural context impact an organization’s work.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|1010214000||Fundamentals of Tribal Management
Covers leadership, motivation, organizational dynamics, personnel, and budgeting within a Native American community and sovereign government context. Includes federal Indian law and policy, community and economic development, and culturally specific management practices.
|1010214200||Tribal Supervisory Management
Develops an understanding of management theories and practical techniques for first-line supervisors. Teaches personal, interpersonal, technical, and administrative skills required of successful supervisors. Applies general supervision issues to a Native American tribal environment.
At A Glance
Optional Lab Support
*Based on 10-level courses - materials, books, and fees may be additional
What You'll Learn
- Understand the relationship between Native nation’s legal, political and cultural context and the workplace
- Lead, motivate, and supervise others
- Plan and execute projects and everyday operations
- Manage organizational culture
- Manage organizational personnel and non-personnel resources
Your Potential Careers
- First Line Supervisor/Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
- Gaming Supervisor
- Lodging Manager
Your application can be submitted online, it takes just a few minutes to complete.