Updated September 21, 2023
With the sudden increase in COVID-19 and the Influenza virus going around again and likely to increase even more, please stay home and get tested for COVID-19 if you feel sick. If you test negative and still feel ill, please stay home (seek medical attention when necessary) and avoid close contact with others until you feel better. Please continue to wash your hands and get updated vaccines (flu/COVID). Below is the Nicolet COVID-19 guidance once again if you test positive. Thanks.
- COVID-19 is still around, and Nicolet College will follow the CDC guidance. If you feel sick with any symptoms below, you should stay home and get tested.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- *This list does not include all possible symptoms. Symptoms may change with new COVID-19 variants and vary depending on vaccination status.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you must isolate at home for 5 days. Reporting close contacts is not required by the College staff or students and is left up to the individual infected. If an instructor/supervisor is aware of a positive student/employee, it may be an excellent time to remind the class/department, without making it obvious someone is infected, that if they have any symptoms, to get tested and stay home if positive for COVID-19.
- After the five days, if symptoms are improving and you have no fever, you may return but must wear a mask for 5 more days and keep social distance.
- If you have two sequential negative tests 48 hours apart, you may remove your mask sooner than day 10.
- It is up to your Supervisor (staff/faculty) if they can accommodate working from home. If you aren’t feeling good, it is better to utilize leave either way to ensure faster recovery. For updated symptoms, isolation calculators, and additional information, please refer to this CDC link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html