Number: BP 3.03
Adopted: March 1995
Reviewed: September 2020
Revised: March 2012
Purchasing procedures include all acquisitions, rentals, lease/purchases, rental/purchases, and contracts for services including personal and professional services. All procurements should be made in compliance with state statutes, administrative rule TCS 6 and the Financial Administrative Manual (FAM).
Procurement Procedures for Capital Equipment
Nicolet College’s procurement practices are based on Administrative Rule TCS 6 and 34 CFR, paragraph 80.36. All federal regulations apply unless State Board Policy, State Statues, or Administrative Rules are more restrictive. These procedures apply to all District expenditures.
- Nicolet employees authorized to make procurements for the College shall maintain ethical standards of conduct.
- Nicolet encourages the use of state, federal, and local governmental contracts and cooperative purchasing agreements as an alternative to the competitive bidding procedure.
- Nicolet encourages patronizing Wisconsin businesses, small and minority businesses, women’s business enterprises, and businesses in labor surplus areas.
- All procurement transactions shall be conducted in a manner that provides maximum open and free competition.
- Awards shall be made only to responsible contractors that possess the ability to perform successfully under the terms and conditions of the proposed procurement.
- Proposals shall be solicited from an appropriate number of qualified sources. Solicitations of offers shall include a clear and accurate description of the item or service being procured, and shall not contain features which unduly restrict competition. When a clear and accurate description is impractical or uneconomical, a “brand name or equal” description may be used. The specific features of the name brand, which must be met by offerors, shall be clearly stated. Solicitations of offers shall include all requirements, which offerors must fulfill, and all other factors to be used in evaluating bids or proposals.
For the purposes of procurement of construction, the Nicolet Area Technical College District Board of Trustees shall possess the powers conferred by s. 62.15 WI Statutes on the Board of Public Works and the Common Council. All contracts for projects requiring bids under this section shall be made in the name of the District and shall be executed by the District Board Chairperson and District Board Secretary.