Title: Facility Use
Number: AP 6.01
Adopted: March 1995
Reviewed: June 2020
Revised: June 2020
Nicolet College makes available its land, facilities and equipment to community groups, public agencies, other educational institutions, or the private sector at such times as they are not needed for College purposes under the following terms and conditions:
- All proposed uses will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis, and must not interfere with or disrupt planned and scheduled College use of its land, facilities, and equipment;
- All proposed uses must be consistent with the mission, values, and purposes of the College as set forth in Ch. 38.001, Wis. Stats.;
- Organizations contracting with the College are responsible for damages to land, facilities or equipment, and will be required to supply proof of insurance;
- Use of College land, buildings, or facilities making or receiving political contributions is prohibited under Ch. 11.36(3), Wis. Stats.;
- All users of College land, facilities or equipment, under any terms, are subject to College policies and must agree to comply with AP 1.07 General Public Standards of Conduct;
- Organizations contracting with the College will be required to certify (via the signed contract) that they do not discriminate against employees, enrollees, applicants, or members on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, handicap, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veterans status, or political affiliation.
Using College Facilities
The college welcomes full use of its facilities, land, and equipment by community stakeholders. Providing access to these resources incurs additional costs for the College for maintenance, cleaning, and technical support.
If College administrations determines that additional staff may be needed to provide security, custodial, theatre, or other support service functions, these costs will be charged using standard service rates.
Notification of cancellation is required. Failure to provide a 48-hour notification of cancellation may result in additional charges and may compromise future ability to use College land, facilities, and equipment.
The College reserves the right to cancel any reservation for use of its land, facilities or equipment within 30 calendar days prior to the date of the scheduled activity or at any time should the organization’s use of College land, facilities, and equipment be in direct or indirect conflict with the College’s mission, values, and purposes.
501(c)(3) Nonprofit organizations will qualify for one half off the listed rates.
Managed and Restricted Use
Nicolet College is committed to the compliance with all state laws governing the sale, service, and consumption of alcohol on its campus. If a non-college organization wishes to serve alcohol at the event, permission must be requested from the President of the College. If alcohol beverages are to be served, the organization agrees to indemnify and save harmless the College against all losses, damages or liability growing out of the organization’s failure or default in the observance of compliance with all laws regulating the sale or provision of alcoholic beverages. Groups agree to carry insurance insuring the organization and the College against claims in a sum not less than $1,000,000 for any event at which alcohol will be served.
Nicolet Area Technical College will strictly enforce the prohibition of activities that conflict – or appear to be in conflict- with federal, state, and local laws and College regulations.
Nicolet College maintains a policy on non-discrimination with respect to race, religion, gender, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability or sexual orientation in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. Nicolet College reserves the right to refuse facility to use for reason outlines above or for activities that conflict with the College’s mission, values, and objectives.