The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) act provides support to college students whose lives have been disrupted. Nicolet College received a share of funding as a result of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. In accordance with CARES Act requirements, we are reporting the following information regarding our participation.
- On April 14, 2020, Nicolet Area Technical College signed and submitted to the U.S. Department of Education the Certification and Agreement required by the department, along with assurance the college intends to use no less than 50 percent of funds received through the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Nicolet Area Technical College has received $126,200 from the U.S. Department of Education for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- As of July 16, 2020, Nicolet Area Technical College has awarded students $121,750 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants through the CARES Act.
- The estimated total number of Nicolet Area Technical College students eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants is 1,031.
- As of July 16, 2020, 148 Nicolet Area Technical College students received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant through the CARES Act.
- Nicolet Area Technical College implemented specific methodology to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants through the CARES Act, and how much they receive. The college plans to distribute funds to as many students as possible while focusing on those with the greatest financial need. Using the application responses, reviewers verify eligibility based on CARES Act specifications and demonstrated need due to disruption of college operations.
- Demonstrated needs considered includes course technology including equipment and internet connectivity, materials and supplies provided by the college.
- Further evaluation is based on:
- A FAFSA already on file for the student
- No FAFSA on file, but the student will file (assistance can be provided to students interested in filing)
Eligible applicants are awarded the following based on FASFA eligibility and demonstrated need upon submitting an application:
- Initial student grant for first term: $850.00
- Subsequent term grant for continued assistance: $200
- Students encounter a disclaimer of the funding source within the Emergency Financial Assistance form and an electronic award notification specifying the award amount and expectation for the payment to be made by check. Information and directions relating to Emergency Financial Aid Grants are located on our website at https://www.nicoletcollege.edu/about/covid-19-updates
Reporting information last updated 7/16/2020