Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
About the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Program
Expands the role and skills of the Emergency Medical Technician. Further knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology are the focus in addition to skills of initiating intravenous access, additional medication administration and IV fluid therapies. Graduates are eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician Advanced level cognitive and psychomotor exams for certification to be eligible for licensure in the state of Wisconsin.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
Expands the role and skills of the EMT. Skills involved in obtaining intravenous access, intraosseous access, medication administration, and fluid therapy will be included. Prerequisite(s): 3053130100 EMR and EMT Part 1 (C or better).
At A Glance
*Based on 10-level courses - materials, books, and fees may be additional
What You'll Learn
- Verbalize adequate knowledge of anatomy and physiology to initiate an appropriate treatment plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully start an IV in a patient.
- Formulate management plans for various medical emergencies.
- Incorporate medication administration with patient management plans.
Your Potential Careers
- Ambulance Services
- Fire Departments
Median Annual Salary
- Current Wisconsin licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers recognition
- Attend required program orientation
- Contact the Public Safety Department at 715.365.4600 for registration information
Your application can be submitted online, it takes just a few minutes to complete.