Become A Law Enforcement Recruit
Nicolet College currently offers the 720 hour Law Enforcement Academy to those seeking a law enforcement career in the State of Wisconsin. Successful students will receive up to 32 associate's degree college credits. Nicolet College’s Law Enforcement Academy delivers the criteria established by the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Training, and Standards Bureau. The training instructors are a combination of educators and active or retired law enforcement officers. The training is delivered via lecture, group discussion, hands-on exercises, and scenario participation.
Steps To Become A Recuit
- Schedule a meeting with Tim Gerdmann, Academy Director at 715.365.4535 or email@example.com.
- Complete the application for admission
- Submit official high school and post-secondary transcripts. To be official, transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to Nicolet College Admissions.
- Complete all required recruit academy forms for the DOJ
See specific dates and information about the application process below.
- April 30, 2021- Applications must be received
- May 2021- Potential recruits must attend a mandatory Interview on this date at Nicolet College, Birchwoods Center. Times will be assigned after the application has been accepted (students must earn a minimum score on the interview to continue with the application process).
- May 2021- Potential recruits must also attend and successfully pass a mandatory fitness test on this date at 9 am, Nicolet College, $25.00 fee to cover testing cost payable day of test. Please review the Physical Readiness Training Handbook. If you are unable to access documents here, please contact the Office of Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-365-4615.
- May 24, 2021- Academy Start Date
- October 15, 2021- Academy End Date
The Academy generally meets Monday - Thursday from 7 am to 5:30 pm at the Nicolet College Campus in Rhinelander, WI. Due to holidays and room availability days may change. To make our training as true to life as possible there will be several days where the class hours will be adjusted so low light/night conditions exist.
*Special arrangements (due to schedule conflicts with University Graduation etc) can be made by contacting the Academy Director at email@example.com or 715-365-4535.
- Acadis Student Application and Criminal History Check
- Student Authorization for Release of Information (DJ-LE-310)
- Medical Assessment (DJ-LE-332)
- Transcript Requirements
- Birth Certificate (DJ-LE-322)
- Firearms Release of Information
- Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
- Emergency Contact Information
- Acknowledgment of Rules and Grading
- Academy Background Questionnaire
- Technical College Application for Law Enforcement
Applicants must complete and submit all of the Application Forms listed above. Completed forms must be submitted to Nicolet College by April 30, 2021 to be considered for review and potential acceptance into the 2021 Law Enforcement 720 Academy.
Mail completed application materials to the address indicated below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or materials may be dropped off at the Birchwoods Center.
Tim Gerdmann, Birchwood Center
5364 College Drive
PO Box 501
Rhinelander, WI 54501
If you have any questions regarding the Academy and the application process, contact Timothy Gerdmann, Academy Director, at 715.365.4535 or email@example.com. For more detailed information, view the 720 LE Academy Learning Objectives document, created by the Wisconsin Department of Justice and the 720 Hour Academy Handbook from Nicolet College.
It's quick, easy, and FREE!
- OR -
Mail completed application to:
Nicolet College - Admissions | PO Box 518 | Rhinelander, WI 54501
Stop by or call the Welcome Center:
715.365.4493 or 800.544.3039, ext. 4493
Red Oak Center - 2nd Floor
If you are unable to access PDF documents on this page, please contact the Office of Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-365-4615.