Parents, Help Your University Student Earn Degree Credits This Summer (And Save Money)
Summer is a great time for students to catch up or get ahead on credits toward their degree. If your student is attending a college or university other than Nicolet, they can still take credits in the Northwoods for a fraction of the cost and transfer them to their degree at another college.
Here’s what you need to know to get your student started:
- University Transfer and Liberal Arts summer classes start June 4. Submit an application online here. Credits earned will transfer to all UW-System colleges and hundreds of others.
- Many courses are offered online for added flexibility. Students can choose from courses such as:
- Art Appreciation
- Principles of Microeconomics
- English Composition II
- The Graphic Novel
- History of American People to 1877
- World History since 1500
- Introduction to Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Survey of Chemistry
- Introductory Sociology
- Diversity Studies
- Fundamentals of Speech
- At Nicolet, tuition and fees for a 3-credit class is $584.40. At Wisconsin’s public universities, you’ll pay from $850 to $1550, and up to $4,000 at a private in-state university. As you can see, our cost per credit is 2-3 times lower than public institutions and up to 7 times lower than private college credits.
- Classes are small so your student will get the attention they deserve. This may be a great time to take a class that could be challenging for your student.
Help your student stay on track or get ahead. Let them know how summer classes at Nicolet can save them time and money. Apply online today or call 715-365-4493 to learn more.