You're A Nicolet Student
Here’s all the information you need to get started. Review the enrollment steps below, view the videos, and check out your student services. As always, please let us know if you have any questions. You can reach us by phone 715.365.4493 or chat with us online. We're so happy you're joining us at Nicolet!
First Things First, Get Your Student ID
Your student status equals great student perks. Take full advantage by getting your student ID. These exclusive benefits will maximize your college experience and help you be successful.
- Free counseling sessions when you register with BetterMynd
- Scholarship opportunities through the Nicolet College Foundation
- One-on-one career support and resources through the Career Center
- Academic Assistance and tutoring with Academic Success
- Discounted pricing on on things like: sports activities, gyms/fitness studios, movie theaters, museums, & retail stores
- Software incentives like FREE Microsoft Office 365
Two Ways to Get your Student ID:
- IN-PERSON: Stop by the Welcome Center on campus - Red Oak Center, 2nd floor.
- ONLINE: Watch your student email for an invitation to submit your photo and receive your ID by mail.
Tour the Nicolet College Campus
Access Your Nicolet College Email
Get your Nicolet College email address and review the instructions to set your password that were sent to your personal email address. Your student ID number is included on your admittance letter and email.
Access your Nicolet College email early and often. Once enrolled, this will be our primary means of communicating with you. Access your email directly from the Nicolet College homepage or through your student portal, MyNicolet.
Contact the Nicolet College IT HelpDesk if you run into technical problems or have trouble accessing your email at 715.365.4478.
Login To MyNicolet
MyNicolet is your student portal. Right now you can:
- Schedule appointments with members of your success team including your Success Coach or financial aid staff.
- Complete assigned tasks and mark them as ‘completed’; the Student Information Form must be completed prior to your first registration appointment.
Once you’re registered for classes, you can also use MyNicolet to:
- Access your Brightspace courses and view your course schedule.
- Access your email.
- View your financial aid award.
- Make tuition payments and set up a payment plan.
- Request help.
- Explore various campus resources.
Make a Plan to Pay For College
- Complete the FAFSA at studentaid.gov to see what federal and/or state aid you might qualify for.
- Learn about Nicolet College Foundation scholarships application details and timeline information.
- Learn about how payment plans spread costs throughout the term at the Business Office or through MyNicolet.
- Learn about all options for paying for college by talking with your Success Coach
Make an Appointment To Meet With Your Success Coach
Schedule your appointment in-person or through video conference. At your registration appointment:
- Discuss your individual program plan.
- Register for upcoming term courses.
- Learn about being a successful student.
- Connect to resources and support available to Nicolet College students.
- Receive your student ID.
- Schedule an appointment with your Success Coach through MyNicolet or by contacting the Welcome Center at 715.365.4493.
Prepare For Your First Registration Appointment
Between now and your first registration appointment:
- Complete forms sent to you in your appointment confirmation.
- Student Information Form
- Welcome Survey
- Review and finish any outstanding tasks in MyNicolet and mark them as ‘completed’.
- Think about skills you’ve gained through work, the military, or your life; you may be able to turn them into college credit.
- Make a list of questions to ask your Success Coach.
- Continue checking your Nicolet College email for important information for new students.
Order Books and Materials
Before each term, our bookstore releases information about required materials for each course:
- Use your student schedule to see what’s needed on the bookstore website – nicoletbookstore.com Some classes don’t require purchased books.
- By ordering through the Nicolet College Bookstore, you may be able to apply additional financial aid funds (what’s remaining after tuition is paid) to cover your book expenses.
Note – required books and materials may not be available to view on the bookstore website until a few weeks before the start of the term.
Get to Know Our Support Services
We want our students to succeed! To ensure you start strong, we encourage you to explore services:
- Disability Support Services: if you have a diagnosed disability or if you feel you may have a disability, we encourage you to meet with Disability Support prior to or when you have your first registration appointment.
- Academic Success: provides in-depth support to students as they are getting started in courses or throughout, depending on your need.
- Tutoring: we offer in-person and virtual tutoring with our on-staff tutors; we also have 24/7 online tutoring support through NetTutor.
Learn More About Campus & Connect with Us
Make sure to visit our beautiful campus and attend the great events planned throughout the year. While you're hear you can take a walk around the loop, hike to point that extends into Lake Julia, grab a snack at the Lakeside Center, check out the Art Gallery, and more.
Also find and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Here you'll learn about:
- Upcoming Events
- Important Updates & News
- Calendar Dates/Changes
- Connect with Others