IT - Web Software Developer
Applied Associate of Science Degree - 67 Credits
Academic Advisor: Leanne Vigue Miranda
University Transfer Center - Second Floor
Phone: 715.365.4493 or 800.544.3039 ext. 4493
Analysts/Programmers design, code, and test new computer software and modify existing web-based software applications. They work with other members of the business team to solve business problems using computer capabilities. They may also set up computer systems and teach others how to use them.
Financial Aid Eligible
This program is eligible for financial aid. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further details.
About the Program
The Information Technology-Web Analyst/Programmer program provides a solid foundation in web-based software application design and programming. It gives students an understanding of business operations and the factors that determine which functions a computer program or system should perform. Students learn how to design and write programs using various programming languages and to maintain computer files and web sites. Students become proficient in using microcomputers, mini-computers, and web-based network systems. The program also includes courses in communications, human relations, economics, and accounting.
The Information Technology-Web Analyst/ Programmer program prepares students for entry-level positions as web computer programmers, programmer/analysts, web designer, or web developers.
- Web Programmer
- Web Analyst
- Web Developer
- Web Designer
- Demonstrate the ability to design and implement efficient relational database structures, such as 3NF.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various career opportunities in the Information Technology field, along with the social and ethical responsibilities required of those positions.
- Prepare commonly used documents and procedures extracting information from Information Technology case studies.
- Demonstrate the ability to write computer programs to access database records.
- Demonstrate the ability to write interactive computer programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to write web-based programs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of computer networking and the various technologies of local and wide area computer networks through lab assignments and projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop the requirements of information systems and databases.
- Demonstrate the ability to write software documentation and system design specifications.
Students who complete the Information Technology-Web Analyst/Programmer degree can seamlessly transfer their credits to the following universities:
- UW-Platteville and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.
- Franklin University and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Management Information Sciences, Computer Science, or Digital Communication.
- Milwaukee School of Engineering Rader School of Business and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Management.
- UW-Stout and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Information and Communication Technologies.
- University of Upper Iowa and earn a Bachelor degree in Technology and Information Management.