Technical Certificate - 13 Credits
This certificate provides practical training in the collection of blood specimens by venipuncture and routine capillary puncture. This certificate includes a 100-hour clinical phlebotomy experience. Students must have a minimum of 100 successful blood collection procedures (venipuncture and capillary combined).
- Submit completed background information disclosure
- Submit and pass Wisconsin Criminal background check – including DHFS forms
- Submit proof of non-reactive TB Skin Test
- Submit proof of all required blood titers
- Complete health history form
10-501-104 Healthcare Customer Service (2 credits)
OR 10-801-195 Written Communications (3 credits)
10-501-101 Medical Terminology (3 credits)
31-509-302 Human Body in Health and Disease (3 credits)
OR 10-806-177 General Anatomy and Physiology (4 credits)
10-513-110 Basic Lab Skills (1 credit)
10-513-111 Phlebotomy (2 credits)
10-513-147 Phlebotomy Preceptorship (2 credits)
Students must have a grade of "C" or better in any course to progress in courses which require that course as a prerequisite and a grade of "C" or better in all core courses to graduate. A cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 is required for graduation.