Phlebotomy Technician prepares individuals, under the supervision of physicians and other health care professionals, to draw blood samples from patients using a variety of intrusive procedures. Includes instruction in basic vascular anatomy and physiology, blood physiology, skin puncture techniques, venipuncture, venous specimen collection and handling, safety and sanitation procedures, and applicable standards and regulations. This program provides an occupational pathway to medical assistant.
- Submit completed background information disclosure
- Submit and pass Wisconsin Criminal background check – including DHFS forms
- Submit proof of non-reactive TB Skin Test
- Submit proof of all required blood titers
- Complete health history form
Students must have a grade of "C" or better in any course to progress in courses which require that course as a prerequisite and a grade of "C" or better in all core courses to graduate. A cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 is required for graduation.