Pharmacy Services Management
Associate of Applied Science - 66 Credits
Nicolet College offers the Pharmacy Technician program in cooperation with Lakeshore Technical College. Admission procedures, deadlines, and program availability are subject to change. Please contact an academic advisor for the latest information.
The Associate Degree in Pharmacy Services prepares individuals to advance their roles
as Pharmacy Technicians or to transition into related roles in the work place. Pharmacy
Technicians are able to provide a wide range of duties in the pharmacy, and will enhance
their technical skills through additional knowledge in third party payment processing
and related reimbursement issues, staff scheduling processes, customer service, and
enhancing store sales. Marketing, management, and business operations are also introduced
in this degree. The program culminates in a capstone course that provides the student
with the opportunity to apply their education to a real-life situation through increasing
store sales, creating efficient operations, improving management practices, or enhancing
service to patients.
- Perform all pharmacy technician functions.
- Incorporate into practice professional ethics, laws, regulations, and policies established by the licensing state and regulatory agencies (Pharmacy Examining Board, FDA,DEA).
- Pursue lifelong professional growth and development through self-directed learning, participation in professional organizations, and continuing education.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the pharmacy and management fields as they relate to job responsibilities.
- Manage human resources and employee development.
- Resolve conflict and build teams.
- Implement a mission and goals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Official high school or GED/HSED transcripts
- Completed background check
- Interview with program advisor
- Health/TB/Tetanus form
- Functional Abilities Statement of Understanding form
- Completed signature page of Pharmacy Technician Program Handbook
- Accuplacer or ACT scores (lower scores require prep classes)
- Senior Pharmacy Technicians
- Assistant Store Managers
- Pharmacy Technician Managers