IT Network Technician
About the Program
Provides student the skills necessary to support Local and Wide Area Networks. Students will be able to manage, configure and troubleshoot common network infrastructure issues, including network switching, IP routing, IP services, network device security. Students will acquire a solid foundation in IP addressing. This diploma will prepare the student for the Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) exam.
1. Understand the purpose and functions of network devices
2. Configure, support and maintain network switching
3. Configure, support and maintain network routing
4. Understand and implement IP addressing scenarios
5. Implement IP Services to include DHCP, ACLs and NAT
6. Implement network device security
7. Students will be prepared for Cisco CCENT certification upon completion of the technical degree program.