Technical Diploma - 26 Credits
Academic Advisor: Nicki Flannery
University Transfer Center - Second Floor
Phone: 715.365.4493 or 800.544.3039 ext. 4493
Skillful cooks are essential to the success of food service establishments, and they contribute significantly to clients' enjoyment in restaurants, supper clubs, hotels, resorts, hospitals, schools, and residential facilities. Food service is a growing field in today's economic picture, and career opportunities are predicted to increase in the twenty-first century.
Financial Aid Eligible
This program is eligible for financial aid. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further details.
About the Program
In the Culinary Assistant program, students learn basic theory and techniques of food production and service through a combination of lecture, demonstration, and hands-on experience. The program is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment in the food service industry wherever food is prepared in quantity.
Graduates of the program may transfer their credits into Nicolet's Culinary Arts program to earn an Associate Degree in Culinary Arts.
- Short Order Cook
- Line Cook
- Assistant Baker
- Pantry Person
- Dietary Aide
- Caterer Assistant
- School Food Service Worker
- Deli Worker/Cook
- Prep Cook
- Institutional Food Workers
- Food Preparation/Professional Cooking/Kitchen Assistant
- Practice basic sanitary and safety procedures during food preparation, service, and clean-up
- Operate food service equipment
- Prepare large quantity recipes to industry standards
- Demonstrate good work habits and positive attitudes towards food service assignments
- Serve food in predetermined portions, in a neat and attractive manner
The information is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.