Associate of Applied Science - 67 credits
Academic Advisor: Natalie Clark
University Transfer Center - Second Floor
Phone: 715.365.4493 or 800.544.3039 ext. 4493
Businesses, from small companies to corporate giants, rely on accountants to assemble, analyze, and interpret essential statistical and financial information. Every enterprise requires data supplied by accountants to make effective day-to-day decisions and long-term plans.
Financial Aid Eligible
This program is eligible for financial aid. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further details.
About the Program
Nicolet's Accounting program provides a thorough foundation in accounting theory and practice as students learn to perform a variety of business accounting functions. Graduates are prepared for positions as junior accountants in public accounting firms, private industry, or government service. This program, taken in combination with an Information Technology program or the Business Management program, further enhances the student's employment potential.
- Staff Accountant
- Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
- Payroll Accountant
- Tax Accountant
- Cost Accounting
- Assist in Public Accounting
- Process financial transactions throughout the accounting cycle.
- Perform organizational and individual tax accounting preparation, reporting, and analysis tasks.
- Perform payroll preparation, reporting, and analysis tasks.
- Perform cost accounting preparation, reporting, and analysis tasks.
- Identify internal controls to reduce risk.
- Analyze financial and business information to support planning and decision-making.
Students who complete the accounting degree can seamlessly transfer credits to UW-Platteville or MSOE Rader School of Business and apply their Nicolet Accounting degree credits towards a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration.
Students who complete the accounting degree can seamlessly transfer credits to Franklin University or Upper Iowa University, applying their Nicolet Accounting degree credits toward a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration, and complete this degree through distance learning.