Industrial Mechanical Technician
The industrial mechanical technician program trains individuals to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair machinery and equipment in an industrial environment. Units of instruction include mechanical drive systems, power transmission components, material handling techniques, hydraulics/pneumatics, welding, lubrication systems, piping, basic electrical concepts, electrical motor controls, and programmable logic controls. Students learn to perform predictive and preventive maintenance using a variety of troubleshooting techniques including laser machine alignment, vibration analysis, thermal imaging, and other condition monitoring technologies. Workplace safety is practiced throughout all areas of instruction.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|1010311500||MS Word Beginning
This course will cover creating a flyer, research paper, and business letter using Microsoft Word.
|1010312600||MS Excel Beginning
This course will cover creating a worksheet and chart; application of formulas, functions, and formatting; and working with large worksheets, charting, and what-if analysis using Microsoft Excel.
At A Glance
How You'll Learn
Multiple Start Dates
2022 Start Dates
|January 5||May 2||September 6|
|February 7||June 6||October 3|
|March 1||July 11||November 7|
2023 Start Dates
|January 9||May 8|
|February 6||June 5|
|March 6||July 3|
Financial Aid Eligible
*Based on 10-level courses—materials, books, and fees may be additional
What You'll Learn
- Practice industry recognized safety practices and guidelines, including the use of personal protective equipment in an industrial operating environment.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of work orders, repair work completed, and safety procedures implemented.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair industrial machinery and manufacturing equipment, using appropriate tools, materials, and methods.
- Troubleshoot and repair, mechanical drive systems, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, and pumping systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment.
- Diagnose and repair process control systems.
- Develop an effective preventative maintenance program for manufacturing processes and industrial machinery.
- Interpret drawings, schematics, and specifications for industrial equipment.
- Use precision measuring equipment.
- Work as part of a maintenance team to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair industrial equipment and systems.
- Use standardized industrial terminology and methods to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, engineers, and vendors.
Your Potential Careers
- Industrial Mechanical Technician
- Machinery maintenance
- Machinery repair
Median Annual Salary
Your application can be submitted online, it takes just a few minutes to complete.