IT Software Development Specialist
About the Software Development Specialist Program
This diploma provides students the knowledge necessary to gain entry level employment as a business programmer. Students learn to gather user requirements, develop software applications, and develop technical documentation.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|1015212000||Introduction to Programming
|1080119600||Oral Interpersonal Communication
At A Glance
Multiple Start Dates
2019 Start Dates
|January 16||April 15||September 4|
|February 4||May 23||September 9|
|March 4||June 6||October 7|
|April 1||July 1||November 4|
2020 Start Dates
|January 8||March 2||June 1|
|January 15||May 8||July 6|
|February 3||May 11|
What is Competency-Based Education?
Competency-Based Education (CBE) is learning at your own pace by mastering competencies through demonstration. Once all competencies for a program have been assessed and mastered, students will earn a certificate, diploma, or degree.
Financial Aid Eligible
*Based on 10-level courses - materials, books, and fees may be additional
What You'll Learn
- Design and implement efficient relational database structures, such as 3NF.
- Understand the various career opportunities in the Information Technology field, along with the social and ethical responsibilities required of those positions.
- Prepare commonly used documents and procedures extracting information from Information Technology case studies.
- Write computer programs to access database records.
- Write interactive computer programs, web-based programs, software documentation, and system design specifications.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer networking and the various technologies of local and wide area computer networks through lab assignments and projects.
- Develop the requirements of information systems and databases.
Your Potential Careers
- Web Programmer
- Web Analyst
- Web Developer
- Web Designer
Your application can be submitted online, it takes just a few minutes to complete.
Become a Student
Earn a Bachelor's Degree
The information is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.