Earn Credits While Studying in Guatemala
The Guatemala Study Abroad will enhance your knowledge of a Spanish speaking community while you earn 4 college transfer credits in Spanish. Instruction is one-on-one with a Guatemalan teacher. Wonderful cultural activities are available each afternoon.
Earn 4 Spanish Credits
Choose From Spanish 1, 2, 3, or 4
No previous Spanish required for Spanish 1 students
Antigua is a beautiful and charming city in the high plains of Guatemala. It is best known for its well preserved colonial architecture and its wonderful restaurants. Quaint Spanish-style homes, churches, cobblestone streets and beautiful fountains are situated between surrounding volcanoes. The city consists of approximately 30,000 people. It is the capital of the state of Sacatepéquez, and can be easily reached from Guatemala City.
The climate of Antigua is generally warm and pleasant, and averages about 70ºF. Cool breezes prevail and the city is never uncomfortable. As an indication of its excellent climate, Antigua is known as the City of Eternal Spring.
Language classes at Don Pedro de Alvarado are held Monday-Friday, 8 am – 1 pm. Instruction is one-on-one with a Guatemalan teacher. Lessons are usually held in a beautiful green garden where you are able to study in a quiet and relaxed environment. Wonderful cultural activities are available each afternoon.
- Airfare out of Central Wisconsin and ground transportation in Guatemala
- Classes at Don Pedro de Alvarado
- Accommodations with a Guatemalan family – you will be matched with a family based on your interests and preferences, have a private bedroom, and be provided three meals a day, Monday - Saturday
- Daily cultural activities
- Guided weekend travel excursion
- Free unlimited internet access
- Group dinner the last night in Guatemala
- Nicolet College credit for the course selected
- Emergency medical and evacuation/repatriation insurance
Price Per Person
- Trip Fee $TBD
- Tuition: $TBD
- $300 non-refundable deposit required with application (applied towards trip)
- Students must be 18 or older to enroll in this course
- Students over 60 years of age may enroll to audit the course at a senior audit tuition rate
Students must attend both sessions.
Ways to Pay
Financial Aid may be used.
Scholarships are available.
See your Financial Aid advisor right away.