Three for Free
Earn 3 credits for FREE with Three for Free.
What is Three for Free?
If eligible, you can earn up to 3 college credits for free. After completing the Three for Free application process, you will be awarded funds to cover up to 3 credits of your courses. Credit will be applied to your account upon the successful completion of your course*. This is a first-come, first-serve program.
Who is eligible?
For Fall 2020 applicants who:
- can demonstrate unemployment, for any period of time, after March 13, 2020, and
- are new students at Nicolet. If you are not sure if you are a new student, contact Tracy at 715.365.4627 or email@example.com. Students must complete enrollment prior to the start of the term in which they plan to enroll.
For Spring 2021 applicants who:
- are continuing* students and can demonstrate unemployment, for any period of time, after March 13, 2020.
- are new** students and can explain how they were financially impacted by Covid-19.
*Continuing students who received Three for Free funding during Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 are ineligible.
**New students are students who have not been enrolled in a Nicolet College program within the last year (excluding GED/HSED or dual credit students).
How to get started:
- Complete the Three for Free application. As part of the application, you will need to provide documentation of unemployment. Examples include an unemployment benefits statement, unemployment application confirmation, or letter from employer with effective date of unemployment.
- If you're a new student, apply for and complete the admissions process for a technical certificate, technical diploma, or associate degree program at Nicolet College. If you need assistance, contact an Admissions Rep at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715.365.4493.
- Enroll in at least 1 Nicolet College credit.
- Earn a “C” or better in your Three for Free course.
To be considered for Three for Free funding, students must complete steps 1-3 prior to the start of the term in which they plan to enroll. Upcoming enrollment deadline and term starts are:
|Fall Term - September 2, 2020|
|Nicolet MyWay - October 5, 2020|
|Nicolet MyWay - November 2, 2020|
|Spring Term - January 6, 2021|
|Nicolet MyWay - February 1, 2021|
|Nicolet MyWay - March 1, 2021|
Funding is limited. This program is subject to end at the discretion of Nicolet College.
*Successful completion of a course is defined as a letter grade of “C” or better. Failure to earn the required grade will result in an account balance. Withdrawal from a course prior to the 60% refund deadline is considered successful completion for this program.