DATE: March 18, 2020 at 12:45 pm
TO: Faculty and Staff
FROM: Dr. Richard Nelson, President
COVID19 UPDATE #8
Good afternoon everyone.
We have made the difficult decision to close our facilities to public access as of noon this Friday. However, because of your hard work, I believe we are ready and able to continue to provide services to those we serve. Buildings will be locked, but not off limits to employees with card or key access. Mail service, deliveries, and some contracted work will continue under the close supervision of our Facilities team.
Also, given the reported evidence of COVID-19 community spread in parts of Wisconsin, we have implemented new travel restrictions and advice.
The information below is also posted to our COVID-19 info web page or will be very soon. https://www.nicoletcollege.edu/about/covid-19-updates
Social distancing continues to be the most effective way to limit the spread of coronavirus. Accordingly, Nicolet College announces the following measures:
All Nicolet College facilities will be closed to public access at noon (12:00 pm) on Friday, March 20. Buildings will be locked at that time and walk-up services will be unavailable until further notice.
Please call 715.365.4493 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org. College personnel will be available to provide assistance Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Students with questions specific to their classes or schedules may contact their instructors, an advisor or call/email as noted above.
Buildings will remain accessible to employees with proper card access. Campus maintenance, security, and certain other contracted projects will continue
All Nicolet College classes, on campus and off, are temporarily suspended from Tuesday, March 17 through Sunday, March 22. This suspension will allow face to face instruction to be converted to alternate delivery modes (i.e. online, BlueJeans) wherever possible.
Instruction will resume on Monday, March 23 via online (or other distance technology) and will remain in this delivery mode until April 24, 2020. We recognize that not all instruction can be delivered online. Students should watch their College email for further information from their instructors specific to their individual classes.
- College-sponsored international travel is cancelled until further notice.
- College-sponsored interstate travel is cancelled until further notice. Exceptions for essential interstate travel may be made by a member of the Executive Team. Travelers are subject to self-isolation for 14 calendar days upon return.
- Existing interstate travel plans should be cancelled. College administration will work with you to cancel reservations, seek refunds, etc.
- Travel within Wisconsin should be limited to that which is essential to the College. Travelers may be subject to self-isolation prior to returning to the workplace.
- Social distancing continues to be the most effective way to limit the spread of coronavirus. Avoid places where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Employees who travel out-of-state, including those out of state as of today, may not return to the workplace until after a completing a self-isolation period of 14 calendar days or presenting documentation of negative results on a government approved COVID-19 test. Essential travel to adjacent counties in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is excluded.
- The WI DHS reports that community spread of COVID-19 is present in at least three WI counties (Dane, Kenosha, and Milwaukee) and the number is likely to rise. As a result, in-state travelers may be required to self-isolate before returning to the workplace. Employees who travel out-of-district and who encounter situations where recommended social distancing cannot be maintained are to contact their supervisor. Permission to return to the workplace will be determined on a case-by-case basis.