COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions For Students
Nicolet College is committed to doing our part to minimize the COVID-19 threat throughout our community while continuing to provide the best service that we can to you. To help with this effort, we have developed a list of frequently asked questions. We will do our best to keep the details updated as information and plans change quickly. The is not an all-inclusive list. Please call 715.365.4493 with additional questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's happening at the College and how do I receive updates?
- The Nicolet College campus is currently closed to the public. Building access is restricted to scheduled instruction and student services, by appointment only. All Nicolet College events, on campus and off, are cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- For assistance and to connect to remote services, please call the Welcome Center at 715.365.4493 (ext 0) or email email@example.com. Welcome Center staff are available from 8 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday.
- Payments and forms should be submitted online whenever possible. Information about online payments can be found here. Emails for submission are listed on the forms.
- For COVID-19 updates, check your email regularly as services and schedules can change. Regular updates will also be made to Nicolet’s COVID-19 website.
- Students can opt-in to texting to receive updates from your success coach/advisor. Go to self-service to verify and add a mobile number if needed. After you’ve updated your information, go to the text opt-in form by clicking the link on the right-hand side.
What are the COVID-19 safety policies on campus?
How do I get help with my class?
Contact the Instructor or Your Success Coach/advisor:
Review your schedule and these course delivery descriptions to find how your course(s) will be delivered. Instructors will communicate specific course information by email two weeks prior to the start of the course. Students with questions may contact their instructors or success coach/advisor.
Get Free Tutoring:
If you need help with a class, please visit NetTutor, our FREE online tutoring provider available in Brightspace. NetTutor is a third-party tutoring service that provides 24/7 help for many subjects.
- Visit nicoletcollege.edu and login to MyNicolet
- Click on "Brightspace Login"
- Click on "Nicolet Tools" drop down list and click "NetTutor"
- Select from subject groups to find tutor
- Drop off questions or check hours for live tutor availability
Click here for additional instructions. Drop-in tutoring centers are not open until further notice.
Contact Academic Success:
The Academic Success Center is delivering instruction remotely; instructors will be flexible in working with a student in their preferred delivery method, such as online, email, phone, mail, etc. Instructors walk student through the technology until the student feels comfortable. Academic Success Center services include but are not limited to: help with Nicolet classes, English Language Learning (ELL), GED/HSED, preparation for TABE and Bennet Mechanical test, basic computer skills, and job seeking skills. For more information call 715-365-4455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request Disability Support Services:
The Disability Support Services (DSS) program provides academic support and accommodations to students with documented disabilities. DSS staff recommends students schedule a consultation on services and procedures. During the consultation, students and staff will have the opportunity to ask questions, review previous records, and go over accommodations that may be necessary. DSS services are available via video conferencing, phone, or on-campus, by appointment only. REQUEST ACCOMMODATIONS
How do I receive technology assistance?
Access the Internet and Computers:
You may be eligible for funding from the CARES Act. Check the CARES Emergency Student Aid Grant Request box on the emergency resources application. In addition to helping with technology, this one application can also help you access the various forms of financial assistance for students at Nicolet College.
The Nicolet Bookstore also has laptops, webcams, internet hotspots, and headphones available for loan. Complete this request form or contact the bookstore at email@example.com or 715-365-4443.
Private study rooms are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8 am – 4 pm for the Spring term. It is required to have a reservation to use these study rooms. Students can make a reservation through Starfish or by contacting the Welcome Center at 715-365-4493 ext. 0. Reservations are available in 2 hour time periods and students are limited to one reservation per day.
Receive Information Technology Support:
IT Help Desk hours are 8 am – 4:30 pm (Monday – Thursday) and 8 am – 4 pm (Friday). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-365-4478.
How do I access testing and GED/HSED services?
Contact the Assessment Center:
The Assessment Center is closed to the public until further notice. Instructors will communicate details to students expected to schedule course assessments in the Assessment Center. If you have any questions, contact the Assessment Center at 715.365.4448 or email@example.com.
Access GED/HSED Prep and Testing Services:
Free individual GED/HSED instruction is available online. While the Assessment Center will be closed until further notice, some students may qualify for a remote testing option. Additionally, a competency based HSED is available, which requires no testing. Students can call 715-364-4455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Page last updated Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Free Counseling and More for Nicolet Students
We all experience stress, anxiety, sadness, and fear. You may be feeling these emotions now more than ever. No matter the source - COVID-19 concerns, college exams, balancing schoolwork and personal life - we are here for you. Your mental health is important and taking care of YOU can help every aspect of your life.
Talk To Someone - As a Nicolet student you have access to free counseling. Our partnership with Transitions Counseling provides you with up to 10 free counseling sessions. Therapists are available to meet in-person at the Transitions Center or virtually and by telephone. Call 715-365-6696 to schedule an appointment.