Quick Start Dec. 8 features one-stop enrollment for Spring Semester
Nov. 22, 2016
Anyone looking to attend Nicolet College Spring Semester can fast-track the enrollment process with one stop at the college’s Quick Start event from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 8, in the Red Oak Center on the Nicolet Campus.
At the Quick Start event, future students will be able to:
- Meet with a Career Coach to discuss career options and the various academic paths available to train for a career.
- Talk with an Academic Advisor to register for classes and set up a class schedule that fits in with other responsibilities.
- Complete the Admission Application. Students will need to bring their official high school, GED, or any college transcripts with them in a sealed envelope.
- Learn about financial aid and start the application process.
- Learn about payment plans the college has available.
“The whole idea is to streamline the process of becoming a college student,” said Nicolet Director of Enrollment Erika Warning. “The goal is to make it much more efficient for people to start down the path to earning a college credential.”
Those attending will have the $30 admission fee waived along with all assessment fees, which combined can total more than $60 in savings.
Nicolet offers more than 60 certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. Many academic pathways are structured so students can earn a short-term training certificate relatively quickly and then enter the workforce or apply the credits toward a more advanced credential.
“What we’re seeing is that many students will do both,” Warning explained. “Students will use the certificate to get a job in their field of study and then continue taking classes to earn a diploma or two-year associate degree to move up in their career field.”
The Nicolet Campus is located one mile south of Rhinelander just off of Hwy. G.
For more information, call the Welcome Center at (715) 365-4493, 1-800-544-3039, ext. 4493; TTY 1-800-947-3529 or 711.