Degrees, Diplomas, and Graduation
Degrees and Diplomas
Students earning a technical diploma or associate degree must complete the approved program requirements. Additionally, each candidate for a diploma or degree will meet the following criteria:
- Possess a minimum GPA of 2.00 ("C") on all credits to be applied toward satisfying degree or diploma requirements. Individual programs may require a "C" or better in each course.
- Earn at Nicolet College a minimum of 25% of the required technical studies/occupational specific credits. A minimum of 20 credits must be earned at Nicolet to meet the requirements for the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees. These established minimums cannot be met through advanced standing.
- Complete a program of courses approved by the instructional administration.
- Be in academic good standing at the time that final credits are earned.
- File a Petition for Graduation at least eight weeks prior to graduation and no earlier than the semester prior to the student’s final semester. Forms can be obtained in the Welcome Center or download Petition for Graduation Form (PDF). The student is also responsible for seeing that all required courses and electives have been successfully completed.
- Satisfy all financial and other institutional obligations.
Students planning to graduate must complete a Graduation Petition in the term in which the final course(s) are completed. Graduation Petitions are due by November 1 for students completing their coursework in fall semester, or by March 15 for students completing their coursework in spring/summer semester. If a student plans to participate in the graduation ceremony, they must indicate this on the Petition form and submit the applicable fee. Forms are available by clicking here and at the Welcome Center.
Nicolet College holds a graduation ceremony at the end of the Spring Semester. Participation in the graduation ceremony is optional to all graduating students. All students nearing completion of a degree/diploma/certificate must file a Petition for Graduation (PDF) or obtain a copy in the Welcome Center. The petitioning deadlines are Nov. 1 for Fall Semester and March 15 for students completing program requirements in the Spring Semester.
Graduation with Academic Honors
The distinction of Academic Honors will be awarded to the graduates who qualify upon completion of their program at Nicolet College. Academic Honors will be determined from the student's last fully graded semester and recognized as follows: Gold Cord Scholars are those graduates of two-year associate degree or two-year diploma programs who achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 or greater. Silver Cord Scholars are graduates of one-year diploma programs who achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 or greater. This distinction will be awarded as follows: cords will be presented at the Spring Graduation Ceremony and will be noted in the graduation program.