Applied Associate of Science Degree - 60 Credits
Academic Advisor: Rob Rhoads
University Transfer Center - Second Floor
Phone: 715.365.4493 or 800.544.3039 ext. 4493
Marketing involves a variety of business activities that move goods and services from the producer to the consumer/user. Effective marketing is essential to the success of a business. Marketing functions employ over one-third of the nation's work force.
Career opportunities are found in all sizes and types of business and industry including retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturing firms, and governmental agencies.
Financial Aid Eligible
This program is eligible for financial aid. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further details.
About the Program
The Marketing program provides a broad background of business skills needed for effective marketing. Students learn the principles, practices, and concepts of marketing and management that are directly involved with selling, buying, promotion, customer relations, financing, displaying, physical distribution, and entrepreneurship. This program is designed to be taken in either a part-time or full-time format.
- Customer Service Representative
- Merchandising Assistant
- Sales Representative
- Retail Department/Store Manager
- Marketing Coordinator
- Market Research Assistant
- Public Relations Assistant
- Develop strategies to anticipate and satisfy market needs.
- Promote products, services, images, and/or ideas to achieve a desired outcome.
- Evaluate information through the market research process to make business decisions.
- Prepare selling strategies.
Students who complete this degree program can seamlessly transfer certain credits to the following universities:
- Franklin University to apply toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Management and complete their degree via distance education
- MSOE to apply toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Management
- Northland College to apply toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Management and Leadership or Health Care Administration
- University of Upper Iowa to apply toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing
- UW-Platteville to apply toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration