Emergency Medical Technician
Technical Diploma - 5 Credits
About the Program
Prepares students to handle emergency medical situations while working on an ambulance or other clinical settings. Graduates are eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician cognitive and psychomotor exams for certification to be eligible for licensure in the state of Wisconsin.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers recognition
- Attend required program orientation
- Contact the Public Safety Department at 715.365.4600 for registration information
- Assess requirements for emergency care.
- Administer emergency medical care according to standards, using critical thinking abilities.
- Demonstrate proper patient transport techniques.
- Work cooperatively.
- Demonstrate standard safety practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate caring and respectful communication.
- Document assessment findings and care given.
- Ambulance Services
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Fire Departments