Computer Support Specialist
Associate Degree - 68 Credits
Academic Advisor: Leanne Vigue Miranda
University Transfer Center - Second Floor
Phone: 715.365.4493 or 800.544.3039, ext. 4493
Computer support specialists troubleshoot computer problems and provide technical support for hardware and software systems. Using automated diagnostic programs, support specialists analyze computer problems and resolve difficulties. They may troubleshoot problems experienced by an organization's computer users and may install, modify, clean, and repair computer hardware and software. Computer support specialists may work within a company that uses computer systems or for a computer hardware or software vendor. Computer support specialists may also work for help-desk or support services firms, for which they provide computer support to clients on a contract basis.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of computer support specialists is expected to increase faster than the average for all occupations through 2014 as organizations continue to adopt increasingly sophisticated technology and integrate it into their business systems.
Financial Aid Eligible
This program is eligible for financial aid. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further details.
About Our Program
Nicolet's Computer Support Specialist program provides students with the latest skills and technology to obtain jobs in business and industry where computer systems and networks are integral parts of an organization's infrastructure. Students are prepared to install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software, provide technical assistance and support for hardware and software systems, and analyze problems using automated diagnostic programs.
- Computer Support Specialist
- Technical Support Specialist
- Help-Desk Technician
- Network Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Manage Information technology hardware.
- Manage software.
- Support computer networks.
- Provide end user support.
- Solve information technology problems.
- Demonstrate customer service skills as an IT professional.
- Demonstrate the ability to write interactive programs using a web interface.
Students who complete the Information Technology-Computer Support specialist degree can seamlessly transfer their credits to the following universities:
- UW-Platteville and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration.
- Franklin University and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in management information science, computer science, or digital communication.
- Milwaukee School of Engineering Rader School of Business and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in management.
- UW-Stout and earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Information and Communication Technologies.
- University of Upper Iowa and earn a Bachelor degree in Technology and Information Management.
Contact the Academic Advising Office at 715-365-4493, 715-365-4501 or 800-544-3039, ext. 4493 or ext. 4501 for more information.